Sunday, February 12, 2006

Identity Crisis

My name…..I love my parents dearly but why did they give me this name…HEIDI….I believe it is because she was reading the book when she went into labor? I am pretty sure my name was supposed to Sarah. Which no offense Sarah, but I am not a Sarah, either. I often get called Roberta, YUCK. Another name I get called is Wendy, although this is the best of them it is still not right.

What is my point here? I do not like the name of my Blog, nor my URL, and I need a nick name to replace my real name. Seeing my name out there is odd, Tater said my title is LAME, and although I live in Alaska, I hate being cold, so winter sports are out and I have a phobia about fish, and eating Wild Animals is not something a partake in….so really…I am only An-Alaskan-Gal because Both sets of grandparents homesteaded here. Don’t get me wrong I love living here! The people are great, it is so beautiful, and the daylight in the summers!!!

When I got into this, I figured I would get bored so I didn’t think to much about it. Now, I am bloging two times a day, its all we talk about around here. Now that you have sucked me into your world, I want a cool name like Bossco, Fish Taxi, Klondike Kate, or Rhapsodic. There is just nothing you can do with my name even…. JD has a cool name; he even signs his service reports for work, JD Plumma.

The only nicknames that EVER had are…

  • Heidi HO – I am not a whore.
  • Heidi HO HAHAHAHA….only funny when CHUCKY (Rockett) said it.
  • Hi-Di Hi-Doe Hi-Da – It’s part of a Poka song….Accept, when someone else uses it.
  • Heidi McHarrycherry - thanks SKINNEY BALLS (aka Jimmy Ball)!!
  • Hyder – A couple of Anchor Point brothers gave me this name. I liked them both but we all know you don’t date Anchor Point boys.
  • Herringbone - A nickname my older brother got early on in his wresting career, Mr. Hofseth though I could use it too.
  • Mama Long Legs – My best friend’s mom gave this one to me. I was never sure if it because I abnormally long legs, or if it was because I lived with MILLIONS if Daddy Long Legs.
  • Bahama-mama – A name my husband gave me when I was tan and he wanted some action.
  • The Alpha Bitch – seeing how I am the top dog of the Wolf Clan. Yes, I know a bitch is a dog in heat, what’s your point?

So there really isn’t anything to work with. Hyder or Alpha Bitch would be the best out of those…but it’s not right. I could go with my interests ….but I am a “jack of all trades master of none” (heard it on Jay Leno the other night). I could go with something Girl Scout-ish but I do that for the girls not me. Oh wait maybe Thin Mint….kinda’ spicy, huh?

JD says I can’t change …but I can, you know. He says you will all have to change your links…yes that may be true, but you will get over it. I am sure most of you know how.

If I am ever going to be the next Dooce or Rhapsodic (they are famous you know), these things need to be changed; before I get to much more into this. So if you come back and I am not here is because I am in Hyder or maybe I am someone else. Any idea’s…?

6 Comments:

Blogger MrsM said...

I love thin mint, its cute and sounds yummy. I also like what you have right now too. Bloggled thoughts is just so perfect for a blog, ever thought about going with that url?

Anyway whatever you decide, changing a link is no big deal.

5:02 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger Princess Sarah said...

one idea is maybe your sign, if you like it or what about guru you are a guru of g.s. but if you dont want a g.s. type of title, i do like al-askan-gal but i know you will come up with something else if you need to

9:10 AM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In regards to the name you use when you comment elsewhere, I went by a handle for years. But I got tired of being "rhapsodie" and switched to my real name. Not only is it memorable (one of the nice things about a different name), but it also helps me remember that the internet is full of real people with real feelings and I need to be nice(r).

Regarding your blog name, I am going to have to side with Tay on this one: lame. Changing a link is no problem at all, but I would suggest leaving something up here at this URL letting people know you have moved. I like Thin Mint, too. Or something to do with the clan, Mama Wolf.

Aside: I swore I would NEVER date an Anchor Point boy. So I married one.

2:53 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger Klondike Kate said...

I picked my name after seeing a photo of Klondike Kate at the UAF library that captured my imagination. She was a dancer and I love dance.

So maybe thing through your hobbies, loves, things that fire your imagination. I'm sure you'll find just the thing.

2:05 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said...

HOW ABOUT "idieh" like Idea. Your name backwards

10:01 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Heidi said...

I like Idieh....looks cool.

10:54 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home