Friday, February 03, 2006

Concert Review

We have the most talented kids at our school; I went to the band/choir/orchestra concert yesterday. I was so impressed, those teachers and students have accomplish great things in half a school year. Talent I tell you pure talent.

The Orchestra was outstanding, if it were not for this simplicity of the songs; I could have been at an concert where the performers were much more experienced. I found myself closing my eyes and swaying with the music, when I wasn’t watch one of my “adopted daughters” Rukya. Her mom would never let me have her but I can dream.

The band was also superb, “the pizza hut” song was the most challenging and most stressful for the students, and yet they pulled it off. Tater was the best of course. She is the only Sax player so the teacher brought in another player from a different school to help her out. She of course out played him. There was not one sax squeak, and yet the clarinets had many. I was not able to enjoy this part of the concert as much seeing how I could not see my child playing and I was busy trying to peek around the lady in front of me. But I know all of her practice paid off, and she knew it to. It was the best day for her, even better then a Friday. Don’t ever tell her she can’t do it…because she will.

Both Tater and Rose are in the choir, they did not get this talent from me; it must have come from the Plumber’s side of the family. Tater was not up on stage to sing, seeing how the stage is not wheelchair accessible, so I am sure she did not get the recognition that the others did. Rose was so beautiful up there standing in the middle of the choir. They really knocked the audience’s socks off. We laughed, tapped our feet, and it ended with not one dry eye in the house. Everyone was in tears. The last song was a song about God; yes God in a public school, taking a child to heaven in the palm of his hand. With children singing this, the effects are great. They dedicated it to Chelsea and her family.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did she get on stage to play her sax if she couldn't get on stage to sing? I wish I could have been there to hear them. Oh, and had Rukiya (I still remember the sing-songy chant T used to spell her name) not been a giant ball of snot in August, I totally would have taken her home with me.

10:34 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Heidi said...

The Band and Orchestra, were set up in the gym in front of the stage.
Rukiya hates it whne I do that, spell her name wrong....:)

10:29 AM, February 04, 2006  
Blogger Shana said...

I have never attended my kids school concerts where I have not left teary eyed...okay the tears at the dance recital were tears of joy that we were finally done watching it 4 hours later. (Britt only dance three of the dances, most of the dances were adult classes.) Glad T mastered that sax...they did not think she could do it...hehehe she showed them.

8:55 AM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home