Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I am a girl, I am not stupid

Yesterday, I brought my pretty white Chevy Silverado to the dealer mechanic, for its appointment, I told them my truck is….

A. FARTING obnoxious fumes and running rough. That it is probably an O2 sensor in the fuel system and/or the exhaust system that needs to be replaced;

B. the drive line is “clunking” when I take off from a stop, and that it probably needs “packed”;

C. there several recall issues to fix, tailgate cables, dome lights, ect;

D. These are normal Chevy issues and I am sure it is covered by warranty and/or recalls.

E. We also have an after market warranty and will get reimbursed for any or all of the costs,

F. That I am not worried about the cost but would like an estimate before they start the work.

G. I tell him I need my truck back that afternoon it is our only rig.

H. I even pulled the…I have a kid in a wheelchair that depends on that truck to get her to school and doctor appointments.

They still did not know what was wrong with it today at noon….

So tell me ….WHY, TELL ME DOES IT TAKE 36 HOURS TO DIAGNOS THE PROBLEM? Especially when there is supposedly a computer that helps “Diagnose” the problems and a shop with 50 or so mechanics in it. My father in-law “diagnosed it” over the phone with out even looking at it. I TOLD them what was wrong!!!

For an approval, the mechanic tells me. An approval to diagnoses my truck, when I brought it in to be looked at in the first place? Is that not an approval to look at my truck? And why would you not ask for “An Approval” the first thirty times I called?

But, at 12:30 today, after I can no longer hold my temper, I ask my husband call and tells the same man…

A. the truck is running rough

B. Fix the drive line issue

C. Fix the recalls

D. and I want it done now!

It is Diagnosed in an hour, a return phone call as soon as they know something, the issues are all very common, the recalls are being done, and the rest of the issues are under warranty, that there will be no cost to us, and that it will be fixed by the end of the day.

Sounds all too good to be true...having balls can’t make life that easy…..

so what’s it going to be?

A huge bill? Another week being “fixed”? Or a truck that is still not running right?

Edit – So I did get my truck back tonight …

· A sensor in the exhaust system replaced

· Tail gate cable replaced (recall)

· Dome light fixed (recall, I do not know it’s issue)

To be scheduled…

· Drive line, they no longer temporarily fix it by “packing” it with grease they now actually replace the aluminum casing. J

· O2 censor will be replaced

Cost to us…..Nothing so far.

Just as I told’em, I guess I need to get some BALLS…



4 Comments:

Blogger Princess Sarah said...

I hate alaska sales and sevice, sevice, I had a bad fallout with them, long story, and the guys at tony's dont know what there doing, they told me i needed new brakes, i left, to get trav to do the brakes, when he when to have bird do it for me he said they looked brand new and that those guys were full of it. so where do you go, I dont know who is honest anymore

8:51 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger MrsM said...

I hate that, anytime I go to a shop now I print out all expectations and problems on paper, (and have even made someone sign it a few times) it seems to help tremendously. I've heard bad things about Alaska Sales but never had to deal with them myself.

Tony chevrolet was AWFUL, my master cylinder ended up being bad but it took over 15 trips to the shop to convince them to replace the thing because my breaks would stop working for a second or so during moments people cut me off and I had to break fast. It didn't do it on command, (but those things never happen for the mechanic right?)and since they couldn't replicate it, they just thought I was crazy. Not something they should be jerking me around about and why on earth would I make that stuff up. All my threats didn't work, so marty had to go in and scream and threaten the manager before they finally replaced it. That was just one of many bad experiences with them.

The good news in all this is that the Lithia service shop out here in Wasilla ROCKS (not impressed with the one in Anchorage). Every experience with them has be extremely plesant. They have gone above and beyond all expectations. At first I just thought it was a fluke but after several visits over the year I finally went in and told the manager how much I appreciated the great service out here.

If you have an extended warranty you can take your vehicle to anyone you want (Dale who use to work for Val also does warranty work but he bills you and you bill the insurance - he has a shop off old seward in Anchorage). Great post, shops like that need to be exposed.

10:15 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger john r mclay said...

I don't KNOW that the balls helped, but when I told the manager I didn't appreciate my wife being lied to and jerked around, I was NOT polite in the least. I told him to call asap on MY cell or I would turn my angry woman loose on him.....

4:38 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Klondike Kate said...

Having the right dangly bits definately makes a difference...

4:42 PM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home