Saturday, January 28, 2006

Where Have I Been? BIRTH

After spending way to much time consolidating ~ 2 different “Badge Books”, 40 or so different websites, and some stupid planner they created (that I might mention it had errors, lacked any real information, and cost me $10 bucks w/o the binder) I have a bouncing baby Girl Scout Silver Award Workbook, weighing in at 48 pages. Now that the work is done I may be able to squeeze one out for the Bronze Award, oh won’t the Juniors be so happy. Is it sad I have re-birthed almost every one of their handbooks? I really am not the only one.

The cooks and his apprentice have been treating me well. Rose has been cooking all weekend. Friday night’s dinner was prepped and brought to the table perfectly, all without aide. The only hitch she found was when an inspiration hit and the “REAL CHESE” found its way onto Tater’s frozen pizza. Oh the nerve of some cooks, or is it their patrons? But it was all followed up by the most amazing “brownie banana split” with cherries on top. Everyone forgets their woes, when there are cherries involved, especially when that cherry is one that is secure in a warm blanket of chocolate.

In between all the fine food we were privileged enough to attend a concert being hosted by one of the most talented and up-coming artist….. Tater…. She is appearing in her bedroom, for a short time only, probably due to the upcoming concert. “First Chair” is hard to keep especially if you are the only chair, such pressure. Practicing day and night has really worked out well, for her… and to say that I once also gave birth to such talents…

Speaking of talented things I gave birth to, Bird and I spent some time together this week. She SOOOO tried to get up and go to 2nd grade, she couldn’t miss superhero day. But, I just couldn’t risk that phone call from that evil villain “THE SCHOOL NURSE” that said my SUPERHERO threw up all over the classrooms writing workshop….AGAIN!!!!

And another birth, not one of my own labors but one worthy of mention....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALETTE

...and to Mom who had to deal with her own SUPERHERO, I am sure every year is worth it. After the ice cream and brownies are served at Valette’s, you can head over to That's My Blog!, where a line forming for spankings. (this would have been posted earlier on your birthday but JD Plummer spent ALL DAY on line)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! But, what is BIRTH? A girl scout leader's reatreat?

3:37 PM, January 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home