Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The moon was “cool”….I was cold.

It was so cool this morning, the moon I mean, not the weather, that was cold. Go ahead call me a “whimp” but when the thermometer reaches 5 below I am inside hibernating, with the heat at set at 80.

As we went to drop off t the two older girls off at school early, for choir, it danced in the sky. This moon was a bright orangey yellow and big, but not big round it was a BIG “fingernail kind”. HUGE I TELL YOU!!! ….See I used all caps and extra exclamation marks, so that means it is way bigger then anything you have EVER seen. AND it was a FINGER NAIL….The calendar says we just passed a quarter moon; I don’t know anything about that but this moon was straight out of a storybook, except for the fact that it was golden and not silver, or cheese. With the reflection off the windshield it looked like it even had a nose. It was as if it had sat down right on top the Hillside; as if we could drive to it.

Forty five minutes later when I went back to school to drop Bird off at school, the moon was gone, and daylight was appearing over the mountains not far from where the moon had disappeared. .. 8:45 … daylight is peaking through…oh I knew it didn’t leave me forever. I so wish I had brought my camera phone….

5 Comments:

Blogger MrsM said...

You know...

Your not suppose to go ANYWHERE with out a camera. EVER.

10:48 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Coldfoot said...

I would kill for a few days with a balmy -5.

11:32 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said...

I could just picture it,
I love that the moon and sun are both out at the same time! Its not like that in Idaho!

11:41 PM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger Princess Sarah said...

I wish you had rememberd your cam too so I could have seen it. I think everything looks different at that temp. Its cause your eyes are frozen..lol...Ok I can picture just what you discribe, you could be a writer.

8:57 AM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger FishTaxi said...

Nice description. I can feel the cold but it helps that I'm sitting here wrapped up in a blanket getting up only to turn the heat up. brrrr

12:21 AM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home