Friday, February 17, 2006

This One’s is for Dad

I was headed into the grocery store the last week and there was a little boy giving away puppies, they were the cutest puppies, way to young to be finding new homes. They were cute little black labs, clearly too young to be finding a new home. After a quick peek, I noticed the box said “FREE Democratic Puppies”. I went into the store, pondering what the box meant…. I didn’t have my glasses on, maybe I misread it, or it was a breed name, or maybe it was just a sales gimmick. When I got home I was still curious, so I searched the web for “democratic dogs” the search only brought up pictures of Bill Clinton.

So today, I went to the store to get some cheese and milk. The same little boy was there and I hadn’t misread his box it did say “Democratic Puppies”. I wasn’t blind or illiterate, the only difference was, today the box read …..“FREE Democratic Republican Puppies”… I had to ask…. “How come they are now Republican Puppies when just last week it said Democratic?” He looked up at me like I was silly and replied “Well, last week, when they were democratic puppies, their eyes were closed. Now their eyes are open!”

8 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

lol...man thats cute did ya send it to dad?

7:40 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Heidi said...

I am assuming he reads my blog, even though he doesn’t comment. I mean who would miss all this good stuff?

10:08 AM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Princess Sarah said...

wow thats amazing, how old was this kid. and how funny to do that

9:45 PM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Shana said...

sarah honey it was a joke...your good hide you got sarah believing dogs are republican and democrat.

7:31 AM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Heidi said...

I know Tabitha is the comedian of the group, but after I saw her post about the spaghetti incident…I thought well I can’t tell a joke and get it right so maybe…just this one time I could write one out…and get it right.

It was told to us by Taters Doctor….we were Discussing politics, while casting Taters leg. ..One conservative Doctor and a very liberal physical terrorist, make great fun….Oh and great BIG green right legs.

9:28 AM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said...

i loved it

10:28 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger FishTaxi said...

Roaring laughing!

1:35 AM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger Shana said...

So I retold this to my family...you and tater going to safeway after casting....returning the next day for cookie sales...(silly family does not know that cookies are not here yet)Britt really belived it...Eric had to rush off and call Ron...but Melissa laughed till she had to pee.

7:54 AM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home