Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

On this Friday the 13th, a day before a full moon, my oldest daughter turns twelve and thankfully not 13. Does this mean the start of puberty will resemble a monster movie?

Twelve years ago, I figured out the true meaning of unconditional love.

Twelve years ago, I found a new love.

Twelve years ago, I grew up.

Twelve years ago, she took her first airplane ride.

Twelve years ago, she had the world praying for her.

Twelve years ago, my baby took her first breath.

That first breath, that first cry, gave me faith, for if he is watching over her.

8 Comments:

Blogger Princess Sarah said...

hard to beleive it has been that long, I feel that way thinking about Trevah...she will be ten. Good poem

9:10 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, T! And to think I was 12 when she was born... crazy.

9:46 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Shana said...

Happy B-day t and congrats on a wonderful child Heidi. 12--a dozen years under her belt...seemed like alot when I was 12...shit T you still have a long way to go...next comes periods...boys....sex...money...children...grey hair then wrinkles...from there well not sure yet...that twelve is just starting...good luck kido....this year I start my third dozen years....12...a really cool number....loves

9:56 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Heidi said...

Sarah...it does fly by.

Valette...you were that young? That is crazy.

Shana...okay you left out graduating from collage and marriage. Don't jip me out of that.
HAHA you are old, 3 dozen years!!!! Nice to know you are still reading. I check daily to see if you wrote.

10:06 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was 12, but I turned 13 later that month.

10:48 AM, January 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday T and congrats J and H on making it this far. Your "fun" is going to get very exciting from here on. And two more to come into teen hood, wow your in for triple "fun".

11:10 AM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger MrsM said...

Happy Birthday T!

2:01 PM, January 13, 2006  
Blogger Klondike Kate said...

Happy Birthday T! And congrats to Mom and Dad for making it so far! =-)

4:25 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home