Friday, September 23, 2005

My Friday

Since I have cut down on smoking, I decided to take Barley for a run this morning. Ah well, more like I let Barley run me. We did really well matching pace and he even slowed when I felt the need. Every once in awhile I had to stop and plant my feet just to make sure he did not take off with me. We only had one real issue, we had good pace going and all of the sudden he decided to stop and smell the Yarrow!!! He stopped I kept going. I had the lovely feeling of being the one on the other end of the leash. Good thing it wasn't around my neck.

(Barley is the big dog)



Barley and I found this on our run....It is hard to tell by the picture but it is a garbage can full of empty vanilla extract bottles and the packaging they came in. The can was full and although I did not search through it I did not see any other trash around.
Here is the million dollar questions ....
1.) Who would buy or steal that much vanilla extract? It has to be a few hundred dollars worth. 2.) Who would bother to sit where everyone can see to drink it and then proceed to throw it away? If I had that kind of problem, I think I would be hiding in the woods 10 feet away and why bother using a trash can.
3) Why not just go for the VODKA...It would easier to hide in your pants when stealing it or cheaper to buy. Vanilla isn't cheap and have you ever tried to shove a case of Vanilla Extract in you pants????


I also went to Wal-Mart with my sister….

I can no’t take her anywhere!!! She is always picking up guys!!!

Oh yeah, I won tickets to a comedy show tonight....we probably won't go though.....SHANA WOULD RATHER PLAY BINGO (Boy she is old, did I mention that she is a GRANDMA, twice) and John would rather stay home.

Another Friday night on the home front.


6 Comments:

Blogger FishTaxi said...

I tasted vanilla one time as a kid because I thought it smelled good and didn't know any better. Blech I can't imagine anyone drinking all those. Maybe they were making kahlua?

Good for you for cutting down smoking and getting out walking. I saw my snoshus hanging in the shed today and reminded myself not to forget and leave them in there before the first 10 ft of snow falls. I've got to keep up walking all winter.

7:11 PM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger prudhoeman said...

I think your sister can do better then him.

10:17 PM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Heidi said...

He looks awfully sweet on her....i'm not sure she could have resisted.

10:50 PM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Shana said...

his dreamylooks sent my hear all a flutter but he is a stiff kisser.

11:45 PM, September 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sure does look dreamy. Nice catch!

And who would drink bottle after bottle of vanilla extract?

8:42 AM, September 24, 2005  
Blogger Klondike Kate said...

Vanilla - how odd!!

You know we really shouldn't fault the guy for his skin condition. I mean, at least he's a good dresser! =-)

9:39 AM, September 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home