Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Letters....

I have been busy. I have finally gotten all the packages mailed. The post office promised they would be there by Thursday, so check your mail. My Christmas shopping is almost done and now it is time to plan menu. We went ALLLLLL the way to Wasilla tonight to, finally, see all the new homes our friends/ family have bought....okay it took two years but....its a long drive. Sarah your house it bueatiful.

I wrote this letter to my uncle and sent it with his Christmas card. As I sat down wondering what to write, I could think of nothing. So I went and opened word, you know to get the juices flowing, this letter was the last document I worked on (minus printing bob's resume'), I thought why let that memory go (the letter not hte rusme').....POST IT!!!!

December 18, 2005

Dear Uncle Don,

I just got news of your hospital stay, I am so sorry to hear that. You are in our thoughts, prayers, and as well as our hearts. It has been a long year with many difficulties.

Dad’s 60th birthday was good and Memorial Day weekend was a blast. We got some really great photo’s of that. I believe you will hear all about it.

After all of that (dad will tell you) Dad pulled one over on us 4th of July weekend. We all headed down to Anchor Point beach to blow off some fire works. Dad stayed back so he could close down the shops. We spent several hours on the beach. The whole town came out and the whole beach was lit up, from the moth of the river to a ¼ mile past the lighthouse. The State Troopers couldn’t arrest us all.

We finally made it back to “the hole in the wall”, dad’s sand pit that we all camped in, dad had put up a road block….we moved it. As we approach camp we notice all of the camp chairs on top of the trailers….okay…. we cussed, not at dad because he was no where to be found, and then we took them down. We get the kids all settled for the night and go back to the fire for another drink. Fires low so we add more wood. About five minutes later we hear a POP, it came from the fire. A few more minutes and we hear another, we all start arguing. “That’s enough who has the fire works?” We argue this and search each other’s pockets… no firecrackers. After a few more drinks, many more “POP” theories, several more trips to the woodpile and several more fireworks POPPing out of the firepit, we got smart….he hide them in the bark of the wood. We spend a great deal of time dismantling the woodpile and found a few more, confiscating them we went back to the fire.

Now that things were calm, we kicked back and enjoyed the lovely night. We are sitting there, it is almost totally dark, the kids and men are snoring, the trees are moving….but there was no wind. All of the sudden Arnie started howling (Arnie is the ghost dad made up, what a punk) and out jumps DAD…. Screaming he has no arm and he is flailing around on the ground “ARNIES GOT ME!!!” he is yelling. The kids don’t wake the men keep snoring and us ladies just HOWL with laughter. He had sat in the woods for near two hours waiting….for what I am not sure. He did get hurt in all of this he messed up his bad leg.

That wasn’t the only things he did …the guys went to bed early, John (my husband) slept with a log under his pillow, I had a hell of a time getting him to move so I didn’t have to sleep on it also. Eric (Shana’s) husband slept with an axe until she went to bed. I am sure there were many other thing that people just shook their head and fixed.

We got him back though but he did not enjoy it much. I am waiting for Christmas to see what I will get in return.

I am not sure why I am telling you this other then to tattle on dad or maybe blame you???

John and the girls are going well I am still a homemaker and loving all the bonbons and soap opera’s. We try to get out of town but some times life just keeps us from doing so.


Again we are thinking of you…take care….and stay well!!!

Love Heidi

2 Comments:

Blogger MrsM said...

Glad you came out, we had a lot of fun.

I Love your new template.

2:18 PM, December 21, 2005  
Blogger Princess Sarah said...

thanks for coming all the way out here, i wont make you do it again for a while, i promise. im sorry for the blog, i dint stop and think, about hurting your feelings and for that im truely sorry.

10:36 PM, December 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home