Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Odd Girls

Odd Girl Out … The Hidden Culture Of Aggression In Girls... All of my life I have never dealt with girls very well. I spent most of my time with my brothers (I hated my sister), I had a few good friends that were girls in school but once it was acceptable to hang out with boys I was all over it. Men, boys, guys tend to just go with the flow…what will be, will be…until you piss them off then “POW Straight to the moon”… I can deal with that.

Somewhere, somehow, something, did not line up for me because now girls surround me. Everything is girls…my girls, the girls, 10 out of 14 times it’s a girl, 28 cookie selling girls, up all night slumber party girls. They are taking over the phone, the internet, the TV, the bathroom, the credit cards, the shopping list…they have landed, THEY’RE HERE.

What am I to do?… learn how to think like a girl. Me, being a girl, you may find that odd…but I do not get them, girls, I have to ask my husband to explain all of the time. When, on the rare occasion, I act like one I force him to slap me silly.

I finally bought it…the book that is… Odd Girl Out … Someone suggested it to me, having birthed three beautifully aggressive girls, they though I could use the help. I have to admit I have been suggesting this book for years and have never read it. I am really not one for reading self help books and am not sure I will ever read this one. See, I read to escape reality not dive deeper into it, but I did buy it.

The intro…It started out as boo hoo book….get over it lady…wah funkin wah…you deserved it…I skipped it and move on to chapter one looking for the key to all the madness. I didn’t get far, I didn’t find the golden answer but ….I can still relate to what she had to say at the bottom of chapter one.

To sum up what few words I have read, the author interviewed 9th graders asking them “What are some of the differences between the ways guys and girls are mean?

Girls…They turn on you…whisper…glares...secretive…They destroy you from the inside… manipulative…targets your weaknesses…aspects of evil boys do not have…plan and premeditation....

This may be the scariest book that I read… maybe… if I get around to it…i may not have to now cause there is also a movie..

3 Comments:

Blogger FishTaxi said...

may odd be with you. hee

A good book I read & referred to years ago when my daughter was a baby was "my mother, myself".

btw, I found a crocheter thats going make me a headband.

7:25 PM, December 03, 2005  
Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said...

I really relate becasue I DONT LIKE GIRLS I am now the parent of one. Every girl I know has a deveous side and is down right brutal. I AM. Although I have found that there are a couple girls to be friends with. I had to change from friedns like Marie who will and can hurt you to friends like our mutual ones. Ones who arent out to get me or judge me but let me be me. I am scared to death of my daughter I know her she is me and I am a bitch. but I love her and I want her to be a girl with values and one I can stand.
I like you and a couple others so if you want us girls to smack a girl just point her out.

2:42 AM, December 04, 2005  
Blogger Shana said...

girls yuck!!! funny howthis is coming from a bunch of women. Never read the book your talking about but I will read it for you if you want. I love self help books. but not sure anyone could come up with a solution to "girl problems" as girls change the rules as they see fit....good luck and when you figue it out we will send our girls to ya too.

12:01 PM, December 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home