Thursday, December 08, 2005

'Tis The Season

Well, K birthday is almost taken care of and it is time to move on to Christmas…the tree is up and the inside of the house is decorated. J has yet to get the spruce trees lit up (in the front yard) or hang any lights what so ever. He is lucky that I have not told my father how he is neglecting me.

I am sitting here blogging procrastinating the dreaded Christmas letter/card, I am temped to photocopy all the past years and tell them we are still the same…or better yet blank ones and you can make up you own story….or maybe a mad lib??? We have re-written poems and we have changed the words to different Christmas carols. We have written the brag sheet and have done the whole photo card thing. We have even chosen to hold onto gifts and cards to resend the next year; we used the excuse of wrong address but what they don’t know….

I decided to on line to get motivated. I found some good advice like this from The Morning News. I personally think “one nation under a grove” is a perfect salutation. The last one may work though.

This site seems to have some good suggestions for content.

Here you can order your letters, they will do it all write it, package it, and ship it. Hmmm…now I wish I had thought of that first. Just like the new Santa’s at the mall, they charge $5 for a Polaroid, $10 for a 3x5, $15 for a 4x6, and $20 to take your own. I would sell my options of copy write on 1 million photos of ugly kids with Santa. Another bright idea I passed up years ago when I worked at the mall with Santa. Yes you can add me to your network, V.

Parodies are a “good thing” here and here are a few examples of those…I could be so clever!?! (if I tried really hard) The ever so clever Anti- Letter seems to be a good one for the clans. I am still unsure where to start…………..

1 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

hey maybe you could just set your card up on the blog and we could all come here for our Christmas good wishes from you.....

9:13 AM, December 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home