Thursday, January 05, 2006

Tonight

K and her became instant friends in kindergarten and a true friendship grew through the years of girl scouts. When I volunteered in their kindergarten class this friend would tell the other children that I was Miss. Heidi her Girl Scout leader. By the end of the day all of the kids wanted to be a Girl Scout and I am now Miss Heidi. Some of my scouts are just there to be there, and then there are some that, truly believe in our promise. This little girl believed. She is a strong, thoughtful, caring, smart little girl. When I think of why I volunteer as a leader, she comes to mind. She is a bright child she truly listens and understands what is going on around her. She is shy, or maybe just quite, I was never really sure, but when she gets going she is a hoot. John and her have a secret joke, he just points at her… her smile gets big and her face glows.

Tonight, she is in a coma and the doctors say she will probably not make it through the night. Last night she left girl scouts early, she wasn’t feeling well. Sometime after that her parents took her to the ER.

Tonight, I pray for her and her family.

Tonight, as I still morn the loss of my Uncle, I also prep myself for the loss of a very special a little girl.

Tonight, I held my eight year old while I told her that one of her best friends is lying in a hospital and that she may never wake up.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for Chelsea tonight, and for K.

11:53 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Princess Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:30 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Princess Sarah said...

I lit a candle for her last night, I will keep it lit and say many prayers, one for you and k along with the rest of the girl scouts and her family, i cant even imagine how difficult this maybe

9:32 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Heidi said...

She made it through the night, but her parents are talking about services. I am wondering how I get my troop through this....

9:44 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger MrsM said...

I'm so sorry. All of you are in my prayers.

3:14 PM, January 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is soo sad...were all praying...i dont even know what to respond with reading this all made me cry its soo sad to know someone so young has to go threw this and so does her family....i dont think its fair...

10:41 PM, January 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home