Thursday, December 22, 2005

The DaVinci Code

Well Christmas must be here, because I cannot sleep, I wake up every two hours wondering has Santa come have I missed it all? Or dreaming I found the keystone…

I finally finished reading The DaVinci Code, I had to read it before the movie came out. I would have to say that is was a great read. When I first started reading it, I could not get enough information. I was online looking at artwork and looking in to some of the books that were noted in the book. I had never paid attention to art (except my husbands) I found it all very intriguing. I would love to read up more on Mary Magdalene and History of the Knights Templar, but once the background was laid out in this book …I found it was just another Fiction…no life altering information…just a few more questions. The author Dan Brown is an excellent writer I just think I was looking for something a little more controversial. I already knew about the lies and deception of the history books, government, and yes I believe the “Church” is also involved….paranoid….yes maybe...but it is in man nature to twist the truth to meet his needs. I do plan to read the rest of his books… Angels and Demons is next.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I have heard that...i can't wait to read it.

10:32 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said...

I love movies but reading the bok first is always better

2:08 AM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger Klondike Kate said...

I loved both. Damon and I listened to the Da Vinci Code on the way down the Alcan and I've since listened to Angels and Demons. I liked the questions the Da Vinci Code inspired. Angels and Demons was better at plot twist.

2:26 PM, December 23, 2005  
Blogger Freas Frame said...

I really liked the DaVinci Code. I too found the fiction amazing.

I am looking forward to a book coming out in February called "The DaVinci Code: A Quest for Answers."

I hear it has historical documentation verifying what is true in the book. Sounds like they did a good job on putting it in story form with characters presenting the material.

Enjoy!!

9:18 AM, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home