Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ego Boost .....NOT

I got a slow start today, I finally got a shower about 2:20. Really, I was working on a GS meeting and not eating bon-bons on the couch. I was no sooner dressed and the doorbell rang. Feeling all clean and pretty I answered the door, it was the mailman. Not the usual old dude but a younger stud-ly one and he had a box for ME. As he handed it to me I got this cute smile a with a sparkle in his eye. He gave me the “THE LOOK”, (come on folks it’s nice to be noticed occasionally, don’t judge). I took the box, shut the door. Cause I’m not allowed to talk to strangers.

Ordinarily I would rip a package open immediately…but looking at the return address, I found it was from the world greatest mother-in law. The girls look forward to these holiday packages, they are truly better then Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Great Pumpkin combined. It is a law that we are NOT allowed to open them until we are all together. So I tossed the box on the table…..it giggled and shrieked…I now realize…that mailstud that was eyeing me… was just amused by the Halloween package and not “My Package”.

We didn’t have time to open the package today, it was one of those days where no one was in the same place at the same time. Boy did that cause a fight when K wasn’t home at bedtime and I sent the others to bed without opening the PACKAGE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha-n-AK said...

GOOD 4 U!!

Somedays its amazing how good it feels to have another notice u!

But a hot mail guy! is better.....

:)

12:10 AM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger Shana said...

a cackling box....maybe he thought you bought a new "holiday toy" glad ya got that ego boost..even if it was assumed hehehe...well time to move...see ya and love ya

9:02 AM, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home